Thursday 7 July 2016

Summer Makeup with Essence Cosmetics


Summer is here even if our wonderful British weather might not agree! But I wanted to have a play with some summery makeup looks. I have tried some of Essence Cosmetics makeup. This can be purchased at www.wilko.com. It is a very competitively priced range and I was excited to try it!

 
First up is this lovely eyeshadow Pallette the colours are stunning it is a perfect set of colours for me I love warm nudes such as these and I think that these have a pinkish purple tone to them makes them more summery and just a little more interesting. There is a good mix of both Matt and shimmer shades. The colour pay off is very good it does seem to be a little powdery which does leave a little fall out but this does make it easier to blend to create a smokey eye. Any fall out can easlily be wiped away. The lighter shades were perfect for highlighting I used these on my brow bones and in the inner corners I then worked my way out to the darker shades in the outer corners of my eyes and into the crease line to create the smokey eye look. 


Next up is this pressed powder. This is a lovely consistency and leaves such a great Matt finish. It's very long lasting and kept my t-zone looking Matt. This was probably a bit darker than a setting powder I would normally go for as I and bronzer to contour where needed to tend to choose a lighter powder. Overall this was a lovely compact. 


I am loving using lip crayons at the moment as they give so much more precision than a lipstick. This is in a lovely dark red shade. It's a velvet finish which I find is the easiest to wear as its longer lasting than a sheer finish but not as drying as a matt colour. The colour pay off is really good and it is a long lasting colour. I would normally go for darker shades on autum winter but I think that this is vibrant enough to wear throughout summer. 


I had these individual lashes. I love wearing false lashes on a night out but there are some that I just can't get along with especially if the band is too thick. As these are individual lashes you can add and many or little as you like to create the desired look. I feel it gives you more flexibility. The glue provides was good it was the same as any glue I have used they comes with falsies. It held in place really well. They are different lengths with is better for creating different looks. 


This is a powder brush. Soon as I saw it I fell in love with the colour it is beautiful so summery again. I like that it is smaller this is something that I will be keeping in my travel makeup bag. The brush itself is  soft and applied the makeup evenly. It's  not the softest brush that I have ever used but for price it is defiantly good  value for money. I didn't get any brissels fall out of the brush either!


The final item is this eyeliner pen. I would call it a felt tip which I love. I think the winged eyeliner look is amazing... I'm just not very good at getting them both eve if I use a brush or a pencil, as I can't get the precise.  I find using pens like this so much easier to get a perfect sharpe winged eye. It went on very well and stayed put. I wear contacts and generally mess with my eyes a lot.  Hayfever defiantly not helping me at the moment but I didn't end up with panda eyes it stayed on well considering. 

Overall I think these products are amazingly priced and a really good quality I would recommend giving them a  go

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment