Wednesday 18 February 2015

What's in my Vanity!!

I decided it was time to have a clean out of my vanity table as it had been neglected for a few weeks. I love re-organising things I end up finding things that I have forgotten about, and just don't used use any more! If I can get a better look at what I have got I just find it so much easier doing my imakeup in the morning!


My vanity is from IKEA it is the Malm dresser. I had my eye on this for a while after a failed version I purchased from Argos. It was so flimsy it just did not feel safe! Or maybe I did have a little too much makeup to store inside! The chair is also from IKEA it is called the Tobias char. I also picked up the throw that is on the chair from IKEA it is actually a rug but I think it gives it a softer look. 

My makeup brush holders I found on eBay and j was impressed with them they work really well. The beads were also from eBay these were sold as wedding table decorations but think they look lovely in these vases. They also have the brushes upright which I prefer it makes it easier to see what I have got


The mirrored plates are candle holders. I have only recently added these. I'm not sure on how they look yet. What you do think?


I also brought this lipstick stand from eBay. I just store my lipsticks that I use regularly to keep them to hand. Think this is more than enough to be getting on with! I also keep my Ghd's on the table as they come in the case and I use them almost daily for touch ups! I keep other hair tools in my Alex drawers also from IKEA I will do another blog post on what I store in there 😍


Inside the drawer I have used a divider also from IKEA think this was in the kitchen section but two of these fit perfectly, the only issue with the drawe and these dividers is that there is another compartment at the back of the drawer but it does not open wide enough to get things in the back. At the moment I store extra makeup wipes and samples at the back that I do not use on a regular basis 
The left side of the drawe I store my base products such as moisturisers eye creams and primers. I also have my concealers and highlighters in this side. Behind it I store my powders these include blushers foundations and bronzers. In the right compartment I keep my liquid foundations as you can see I have a bit of a thing for revlon colourstay at the moment. I was struggling to find my best shade as I fist purchased these after a holiday so I was somewhat more tanned 😃. There is a dark shade of the Maybelline fit me foundation. I have never been this dark but I love this for contouring. Something different from the palette that I normally use. 


This is the right hand side of the drawer the furthest to the right has most of my eyeshadows there are some bigger palettes under the mirror and again I have some in my Alex drawers. These are the ones that I like to hand. I do tend to use the same few especially for work. As my last post I love the Matt makeup revolution palette I have been using hear as a everyday work colour. I also have some Mac, Urban Decay and Benefit palettes plus some MUA ones that I have been experimenting with! The next two smaller compartments are mascaras , eyeliner and eyebrow products. I need to find something to separate the eyeliners and the eyebrow pencils I am still on the look out for a divider of some sort??

Hope have enjoyed this blog. I will do one  about my Alex drawers where I store he rest of my hair/ bigger makeup products and face products.

Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment