Saturday 25 February 2017

#Pixipretties








I received this package from Pixi, it came completely out the blue it was not something that I was expecting, it came in a huge box. the box that came inside was massive to! These pictures really do no do it justice. I was struggling to find somewhere to take photos of this whole package. The living room rug seemed the best choice in the end.

The box it in Pixi's signature green colour and has to doors on the front with a magnetic closing on them. Once I opened these doors I was amazed at what was inside.


This is a collaboration between 4 different beauty and lifestyle bloggers. The first it with ASPYNOVARD here's what it says:

NEW
FRESH &
GLOW-Y
Enhance your natural beauty with Aspyn's silky powders & finish off the look with her favourite eye accents!

Then there is a collaboration with Caroline Hirons, this is the:

NEW
DOUBLE
CLEANSING IN ONE
A unique 2-in-1 jar of Caroline's cleansing duo that cleans away the day and keeps skin glowing onto the next.

Next up is ITSJUDYTIME

NEW
IT'S GET THE
LOOK TIME!
Effortlessly transition from work to play with Judy's mix of gorgeous shades for lips and eyes.

And finally from Maryam Maquillage

NEW
CONTOUR
NECESSITIES!
Create a luminous defined look with Maryam's dream palettes and brush, perfect for contouring & highlighting.

These are 4 totally different sets of products that look absolutely amazing! I'll have a more in depth look at them below:



First up is ItsJudyTime! Judy has been in the YouTube world for a long time.For her collab, she decided to create two products an eye and lip palette.

I have used Pixi's eye shadows before, and I love the consistency of them, the shimmery shades were very silky and I didn't have a problem with fall out. the matte shades were slightly harder to blend but they do blend out nicely with a bit of patience. I was also impressed with how long they stayed put. overall it is a lovely palette with great wearable shades. 

I’m not a fan of lip palettes because they can get very messy BUT I do have to say they’re very convenient. The ItsLipTime features a collection of lip colors in a range of wearable colors. The lip colors look very similar to Pixi’s usual lipstick formula which is actually pretty nice. You can apply with your finger but I would recommend using a lip brush for an even application.



Aspyn Ovard collaboration, consists of three shimmering Glow-y Powders and an Eye Accents kit. 

Pixi + Aspyn Ovard Glow-y Powder:
Available in three beautiful shimmery shades, the Glow-y Powder features a soft but slightly dusty formulation. The pigmentation is very impressive but I find that the powder doesn't adhere very well to the skin so all three shades provide a much sheerer application than you'd expect. The powders are housed in a simple green pot with a twist-off lid; the packaging isn't all that convenient, but they are a really decent size!

Rome Rose: This is a beautiful coral rose blush packed with soft golden shimmers.
Santorini Sunset: A classic champagne shimmer, this shade is very pigmented but the texture was not as creamy or buttery as I would have liked.
London Lustre: A pigmented icy champagne shimmer, London Lustre is perfect for those with pale skin and a cooler undertone.

Pixi + Aspyn Ovard Eye Accents:
This is an eye and brow duo featuring a simple clear Brow Tamer and a teeny tiny Lower Lash Mascara. I have never really used a mascara that is specifically designed for the lower lash, I normally just use whatever is on the top lashes! The applicator is truly perfect for catching those wispy lower lashes. Unsurprisingly, I have used the brow gel before and I am still a fan, they keep my eyebrows in place all day!




Here are all the products in the center on the box. they are all a decent size and again I love the packaging.





Maryam has given us the Strobe & Sculpt, and the Strobe & Bronze Palette. Both palettes contain six gorgeous and pigmented buildable powders that have a brilliant staying power.

The Strobe & Sculpt Palette contains 3 highlight and 3 contour shades help achieve refined lighting and defined shading for a seamless luminous finish. At first glance, I thought that the contours were going to be too dark for my fair skin, but, as mentioned, the shades are extremely buildable. They apply light at first, which makes the powder versatile for a variety of skin tones. I’m very picky with the contour powders that I use, but this palette contains one of my favorite, go-to shades!

The Strobe & Bronze Palette. If you want a bronzed glow, or a highlight that is really pigmented then, you have to get this palette! There are 3 highlight and 3 bronze shades, and all of them are just amazing! This palette is going to come in handy during the Summer months! And that highlight in the middle is amazing it is such a versatile shade!

And now for the Strobe & Sculpt Brush! I knew this brush was going to be good, but it’s my brush for everything now! This dual ended, super soft, synthetic fiber brush applies and blends contour, bronzing and highlighting shades seamlessly! I’ll be honest, I didn’t think I was going to use the tapered side all that much, but it’s fantastic for highlight! I usually opt for a fluffier brush for my powdered highlighters, but this one works beautifully!



Finally is Caroline Hiron's Double Cleanse. Years ago Caroline introduced us all to the Pixi Glow Tonic and it was incredible. I'm totally obsessed with double cleansing so I was very excited for the solid and cream cleanser duo. It's paraben free, fragrance free, and not tested on animals! The solid oil gets off all of my makeup so easily. It's super gentle on my skin, but still powers through my waterproof mascara! The cream cleanser is also lovely, The oil side contains Vitamin E to protect and condition, Cameillia Oil which is rich in Omegas, and Evening Primrose Oil to heal and moisturise the skin. The cream side contains Vitamin C to protect and promote collagen, a Peptide Complex to plump and reduce lines, Arginnie which improves cell renewal and elasticity. This is also becoming a permanent product.




No comments:

Post a Comment