Wednesday 14 January 2015

Lip care and longer lasting lipstick 👄

I am useless when it comes to lipstick, especially in the winter! I always seem to have chapped lips dispite carrying a bag full of different chopsticks and lip balms so finding any way of making my lipstick last a little bit longer is always welcomed. Obviously if all I am going to do all day is lick my lips not a lot will help but here are a few useful tips:

I put on a lip balm every eve before I go to bed it has just become part of my night time routine. I do have a blistex intensive relief for when my lips are really bad, this does really work I can't recommend it enough although it does will feel a bit strange when it first goes on as has a minty taste which feels cold but it is really soothing. If not I just use my Nivea lip balm

Another tip is to use a dry toothbrush in general circular motion to remove any dead skin from your lips, just make sure that you do this really gently you don't want to make your lips sore

Before I put on any lip colour I normally put some balm on the lips first then start with a lip liner and slightly over line the lips but not too much as this can look very scary very quickly!! Then put in your favourite lipstick blotting and excess with a piece of tissue paper. You can then add some translucent powder over the top finished with another layer of your lipstick

So find this lasts the longest for me. Even with these really cold days at the moment

Hope that helps you

Em x


No comments:

Post a Comment