Saturday 14 January 2017

Freedom Makeup

Freedom has been a brand that I have been curious about for a while now, but for one reason or another I have never actually purchased any thing from the range. I don't normally have that level of self control when it comes to makeup! 

I was having a browse on Superdrug's website and found a couple of items that I though I would give a go from the range. I didn't go crazy... surprisingly! I do have plenty of makeup to us, but I did get a couple of bits that I thought for me were products that I would not normally go for. I thought I would share my thoughts with you.... 




The 3 items that I went for are:

The brow pomade in the shade chocolate, 
Pro Contour Stick in the shade medium 
Finally the Pro Melts Stripped Collection, which is a set of 3 liquid lipsticks.




The first item the brow pomade is a product that I have been looking into trying for a while, I have tried a lot of different brow products recently for my brows and I do always seem to lean towards a brow pencil. I have tried a few powders but never a pomade product. I have seen reviews that compare this product to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade, but at a much more affordable price. The product itself is very pigmented, a lot more so than I expected! So you only need a small amount, I can see this product lasting me a long time. I applied it with a small angled brush and I was very impressed with the result. It lasted me all day and did take some removing at the end of the day. It is a more dramatic look than what I would normally achieve with my pencil, but I think I also need some time to play around with it to get the look I am looking for. 

Overall I have been very impressed with this product and I am looking forward to experimenting with it even more

You can find the Brow Pomade at Superdrug here, for only £5!!!


The next item is the Pro Contour Stick, I have tried many different contour products both creme and powder but these are normally in a palette or individual, so I have never tried a stick version of the product before. I found this easy to apply exactly where I wanted it, with it been a stick. It was also very blend-able. The stick wasn't actually as pigmented as I expected it to be, I'm not sure if I see this as a positive or a negative point as I think that contour is a lot more blend-able if it is not too pigmented, if that makes sense. I want the product to create a shadow on my cheekbone mostly nothing to harsh. The highlight end was good under my eye area which is something that I would normally use a concealer for, this is a matte shade so I still did add some of my powder highlight over the top, but overall this product worked very well.

You can find the Contour Stick at Superdrug here, for only £5!!!

The final product is the liquid lipstick pack, I got the stripped collection which contained 3 shades: Expose, Stripped and Bare. As shown below (in that order)




I have been yet to try a liquid lipstick, but I have seen them all over the internet so I was intersted to see what all the fuss is about. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one at first. I just wanted to see how I got along with them. Now I have tried them I can see why people have been raving about them.

I have been put off wearing liquid lipsticks partly as they seem to remind me of a lip gloss which I am pretty sure I have not wore since leaving primary school, the wonderful sticky lips on a windy day where it was impossible to get your hair off your mouth!! But I have been pleasantly surprised. These doe go on with a wand which does resemble a lip gloss but that has to be the only resemblance, these glide on like a lipstick, aren't sticky and have brilliant staying power. They are not as good as a lip stain, but they are more moisturising on the lips. I did have to re-apply after eating, but overall I love these! I chose very wearable shades for me, I don't tend to be too adventurous when it comes to my lip colour. So I am sure I will be getting a lot of use out of these. 

You can find this set at Superdrug here, for only £6 for the 3

At the moment selected items withing the Freedom range are on 3 for 2 at superdrug making these even better value! You can find those items here.

Em x







No comments:

Post a Comment