Thursday 2 June 2016

Drugstore Contour Kits

I have been having wanted to try some contouring kits for a while, I have been using highlighters for some time mostly powdered ones but thought I would like to see the full effect of using a kit. I have contoured with some darker concealer in the past with varying results! Some looking lovely others looking more like a bad fake tan job! 😂
I have had a lot better luck with these two contour kits in particular, the first been the Define and Contour Kit by Seventeen. The 2nd the Loreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Kit. I have to say how much I love both of this kits! Seventeen's is a powder kit and Loreal is a cream consistency in the UK version. Depending on what is your preference or skin type there may be a formulation that is more suited to your skin type. I would say that I have a combination skin type and I didn't have a problem with either of these.

Firstly the Seventeen Pallett:


I love the packaging for this it looks really sleek and the mirror fills the entire lid which is so useful especially for travel, it almost has a Nars feel to it which I love! I did my usual foundation/ concealer routine then used this as a final step. I used my real techniques brush and it blends out so perfectly it is really an amazing consistency it didn't look cakey. I would say i could set my makeup with this product, I don't get particularly oily skin but this product did last very well on me. They are both Matt shades so the highlighter doesn't leave you with a shimmery glow but is is brilliant down the bridge of your nose and under your eyes across  your cheekbones which was here I used it. It is perfect for hollowing out your cheekbones.

Next the Loreal Pallet:

I was excited to see this as it was a cream consistency which I have not seen so much of in drugstores. The packaging on this pallet for me doesn't look at good, I know that is not the most important thing for a beauty product but it looks cheaper and the mirror that is on the lid had actually come unstuck on the mine so was face down in the product which was not a good start! It was easy to rectify though. You do get plenty of product in this pallet I was suprised. The consistency of this product is amazing it's a cream but it's such an opaque colour and isn't greasy at all it almost drys like a powder which I found really interesting. I think it was easier to get more of a chiselled cheekbone look with the cream contour but wasn't as highlighting with it been so matt?

Overall I have loved both of these products will defiantly be repurchasing when these are out

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment