Saturday 4 June 2016

Mini Seventeen Haul

The I received some makeup goodies in the post today so thought I would share my thoughts on them with you. 
I received the Instant Glow Bronzing Rocks, the Brows That brow kit and the Long Lash mascara. 

First up I we will have a look at the bronzing rocks. I really like the packaging on these it is a really chunky Perspex base then a simple lid. It feels really sturdy!


The product itself suprised me slightly as the rocks are gold and pink which is unusual for a bronzer but it is such a lovely summery shade that is slightly shimmery but to much. It doesn't come with a brush so I used my real techniques blusher brush this worked perfect. I was able to use this as a contour under my cheekbones and it looked lovely. 


Next up is the Brows That brow kit! I tend to switch between brow products, I have been using pencils a lot at the moment so I was keen to try a different powder. 


The packaging on this is again really sleep and robust I was pleasantly suprised by the mirror that filled the entire lid. This is really useful for thinks such as eyeliner and eyebrows where I would ranger get a closer look at what i am doing. This does have a pencil for defining the brows which i like to use on the bottoms of my brows and for the tail as mine naturally have a stubby end this worked brilliantly it was just the right shade for me. I then filled in the sparse areas with the middle powder. There is a highlighting shade which I really like for under my arch of my eyebrow. This isn't shimmery which is something I would like for a evening look this is good for a daytime look. The wax which is the left one to set my unruly brows in place! This did do the trick!


There is this little handy guide included to I actually used this in a slightly different way as I like to set my brows last but depends which way works best for you. 


The final product was the Long Lash mascara


The packaging on this is really slim and compact. I like the brush it is a lot smaller than some I would normally use, I have been using the Maxfaxtor masterpiece mascara for a while now and the brush on that is huge! That been said I was still able to achieve some decent length on my eyelashes with this. It was brilliant at getting into the corners of my eyes to catch all of those smaller eyelashes and especially the bottom lashes I really love it for that. 

Hope you found my review helpful

Em x 

No comments:

Post a Comment