Saturday 2 December 2017

Advent Calendars and the start of Christmas

I thought I would do something a little different this week, plus I was feeling a little festive, having finally made a start on our Christmas decorations. I have been itching to get the Christmas tree up for a while now, but I do like to wait until December, it does make it more special.

I wanted to do something a little different for advent this year as my other half, does not quiet get into the Christmas spirit as I do, and amazingly he is not into chocolate that much I thought I would try get him something different. So I decided to make him one. I actually really enjoyed collecting the items together and making all look nice an festive, I was actually really happy with the way it turned out!




I did struggle to find a box that would be big enough to hold everything and it needed to be strong enough, as I knew there would be some alcohol going into this calendar!

I eventually came across this perfect box in Poundland it was £5. The prices all seem to be different lately in there, not always £1. I still think that for a box this size and this sturdy it was still good value  plus the tissue paper was also from there. I picked up the little fairy lights from there to, this are a really cute bell design. The numbers are little pegs that were attached to a piece of string to be a hanging advent calendar but these came away from the string easily and I have been able to peg them to each present. I found these at Country Baskets

I have tried to keep the cost down by not going crazy on the items I included, but wanted to make them all things that I know he will love. Most of them are different ales that I found online at flavourly.com, which I'm sure he will love. Some of the items are toiletries I got these from Superdrug, these are always useful gifts. The rest of the items are novelty gifts such as a shot game. and some miniature bottles of spirits that I know he will love.

I am excited for him to open this throughout December.

As for me I treated myself to the You Beauty advent calendar, which looks incredible I am so looking forward to opening this each day leading up to Christmas. I had a beauty advent calendar last year, I had the one form M&S. Their calendar this year does look amazing it is sold out online but you can still find it in-store. I also had the Mini Mani Month from Ciate. Which I really enjoyed to, Their nail polishes are amaxing. It does look just as good this year, I just think that I have enough nail polishes to get be through this year! I just fancied something different this year. I was looking for a calendar that had a good mix of makeup and skincare as I found that a lot of them seem to focus on one or the other.

Hope you are all getting as excited for Christmas as I am!

Em x




No comments:

Post a Comment