Saturday 22 July 2017

Love Me Beauty July Edit



This months subscription from Love Me Beauty really was an exciting one, there was so many lovely items included in this months bag!





~ The first item is a brush from Eco Tools


The COMPLEXION BUFFER is designed with a flat, blunt bristle cut to evenly apply, blend and buff product for a streak-free finish. Using the flat top of brush, buff product across face using small circular motions. For more definition around cheeks, use the outside rim of the bristles and blend out toward hairline.


~ There was a nail polish from Nails Inc which is one of my favorite nail polish brands, this was in a lovey baby pink shade


Formula: The formula is good, relatively fast drying and highly pigmented. You’ll get fully opaque coverage in just 2 thin coats, which is fantastic for a light blue polish. The manufacturers also say that the formula is alcohol free and is enriched with Nails inc’s patented Regenerating Complex that boosts the production of keratin for stronger and healthier nails. I can’t really comment whether it had any effect on my nails yet as I’ve been only wearing it for 5 days. But I certainly like the idea of a nail strengthening nail polish.

Application: It’s relatively easy to apply but the formula is on a thicker side. So you end up with way too much nail polish on a brush when you take it out of the bottle. Even if you wipe off the excess polish from the brush it tend to flood the nail easily. The brush is great, – wide and rounded

Finish/Colour: Nails Inc Regents Place is a vivid cornflower blue. It’s a classic creme polish. Not quite “high shine finish”, as advertised, but rather moderately glossy. So you’d definitely need a layer or two of a top coat to get the glossy salon-like look.



~ There was a eye mask from Rodial, this is their Dragon's Blood Eye Mask, this is loved by Ellie Goulding


The Rodial Dragons Blood Eye Masks are a recent addition to the Dragons Blood range, and are said to combine the expertise in bio-cellulose technology and their unique dragons blood complex to intensely hydrate and moisturise the eye area. The dragons blood extract works as a second skin whilst soothing and repairing the skin cells. the Hyaluronic Acid works instantly to plump and hydrate to help the eyes appear firmer, plumper and younger. The Eye Masks also contain Arnica Extract which helps to reduce the look of under-eye puffiness and dark circles for an instant brighter-eyed appearance. The pack contains 8 sachets, and in each sachet there are two eye masks so there are enough masks for eight separate treatments. To use the masks, you simply remove the plastic sheet from the back of each tear shaped mask and then apply to the skin underneath the eye, with the narrower side towards the nose and your inner eye corner, and the wider end being next to your outer eye corner. Once in place, you remove the protective fabric sheet and leave the masks in place for 20-30 minutes and once you remove them, massage any of the residual gel into the skin.


Once you’ve removed the two pieces of backing, the masks are like thin pieces of clear jelly which feel so cooling on the skin, due to the liquid within the sachet. Once I’d applied the masks, I noticed that there’s quite a lot of extra fluid in the sachet, so I like to use the remaining fluid on the rest of my face so I don’t waste any. The masks really do feel nice on the skin, especially in the hot weather and they make me feel so relaxed whilst I’m wearing them. I was worried they might slip off once applied as they’re quite wet, but they don’t move around at all so you don’t have to lay down whilst wearing them.

When I remove the jelly-like masks, my skin looks so much smoother with my dryness being instantly minimised. When I used the masks on puffy hayfever eyes, the puffiness was gone when I removed the masks which is amazing. Obviously at £39 a box, they’re not for daily use.. but they’d be great for a weekly treat, or in preparation for a night out or special occasion. I really enjoy using them, and I do see results whenever I use them so I’d love to try some other products within the Rodial Dragons Blood range.



~ The final item is the Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads from Nip+Fab. This is loved by Kylie Jenner


Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads come with 60 pads which is a fantastic thing because if you only use 1 a day then you’ll find these will last you for about 2 months. Each pad has 2 sides one is a raised side for exfoliating and the other side is a smooth side for cleansing, i mostly just use the exfoliating side as i feel they work better this way. In comparison to the Origins Instant Brightening Pads (Review here) the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Pads are no way as manually exfoliating as the Origins ones because they are much firmer and you get instant results where as with the Nip+Fab ones i find it’s more of a work in progress you see the results over time.


As you can see these pads mainly contain Glycolic Acid which is used to retexturize and resurface your skin whilst the witch hazel in the pads helps to tone the skin, Hyaluronic Acid helps to moisturise the skin while the soothing blue daisy helps to reveal brighter and smoother looking skin.

I really like how acids works on the skin for me they work better than manual exfoliation which tends to leave me a bit red and blotchy whereas with a biological peel they help to exfoliate by removing the dead skin cells and encouraging cell regeneration so they are fab if you have any type of blemish as they will cleanse away any pore blockages and help to keep the area bacteria free as well.

I have found that my skin is looking brighter and my pores arnt giving me as much bother than what they usually do, but my skin still doesn’t look as even as this claims to make it as I still have quite a bit of redness in the centre of my face.



You can also get a free gist with your subscription, a Eco Tools Perfecting Blender Duo (Worth £9.99 in boots) With the code: emmajade17


No comments:

Post a Comment